CQC Statement of Purpose
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registering body (Dr A Naky and Partners) is required to provide to the Care Quality Commission a statement of purpose.
The name and address of the registered provider is Ashford Medical Partnership (Dr A Naky & Partners)
Registered GP manager: Dr Amir Naky
Dr Naky and Partners consists of 8 GP partners and 5 salaried doctors:
- Dr Amir Naky, Dr Navin Kumta, Dr Chun Man James Wong, Dr Iwin Varghese,
- Dr Lesslie Ponraja , Dr Khodbakhsh Borhanzahi Kanzahi, Dr Raj Ramjutton, and Dr Suhail Jan (Partners)
- Dr Sarah Harper, Dr Banin Ahmed, Dr Achamma Thomas, Dr Lalita Gurung and Dr Babita Gurung
The Partnership operates from purpose built sites in Willesborough, Singleton and St Stephens Health Centre in Ashford, Kent. The Willesborough and Singleton Health Centres merged in 2017 and subsequently a merger with South Ashford Medics was completed on 11th March 2019 to create Ashford Medical Partnership (Dr A Naky & Partners) under a single G code – G82080.
As of 11th March 2019 in addition to the main site at Willesborough Health Centre we provide services from branch sites located at:
- Singleton Health Centre – 10 Singleton Centre, Ashford, TN23 5GR
- St Stephens Health Centre – St Stephens Walk, Ashford, TN23 5AQ
The Partnership also employs Advanced Clinical Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners, a Paramedic Practitioner, a Community Practitioner and Clinical Pharmacists to complement and diversify the services offered and to assist in providing the right care at the right time to our patient population. We also have a team of Practice nurses and health care assistants under the supervision of a Nursing Team Lead.
Ashford Medical Partnership provides GMS (General Medical Services) and a range of additional services to our 33,000 patient population. All patients are able to access services form our three sites all of which sit within a 3 mile radius.
Ashford Medical Partnership also has its own Primary Care Network for the three surgery sites known as ‘Ashford Medical Partnership PCN’
Ashford Medical Partnership (AMP) is a member of Ashford Clinical Providers Ltd (ACP). ACP is a GP owned organisation in Ashford, Kent and is formed of 12 Practices whose aims are to provide integrated, inter-professional, transformative, effective, sustainable Health and Social Care, in the best interest of the patients registered within Ashford, working towards the right care for the right person at the right time. The organisation offers a range of services including general practice (treatment of disease, disorder and injury), diagnostic and screening, surgical procedures, outpatient clinics and management of long-term conditions. Services are primarily delivered from GP practices who all hold CQC registration currently. All ACP medical services are delivered by a combination of local GPs, local consultants, specialist nurses or practitioners to name a few.
We also provide clinics in the East Kent Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC). - The aim is to provide a primary care led UTC service to patients experiencing urgent needs. The UTC will diagnose and treat many of the most common ailments people attend A&E for reducing demand and easing pressure on hospitals whilst freeing up capacity in other parts of the system to treat more serious cases.
Adults and children with minor Illness or injury are treated within the UTC.
UTC clinics are held at the following locations:-
- William Harvey Hospital
- Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital
- Kent and Canterbury Hospital
- Buckland Hospital.
Our Aims and Objectives
- We aim to ensure a high quality, safe and effective general/personal medical services and environment
- To provide monitored, audited and continually improving healthcare services
- To provide healthcare which is available to a whole population and create a partnership between patient and health profession which ensures mutual respect, holistic care and continuous learning and training.
- The provision of accessible healthcare which is proactive to healthcare changes, efficiency and innovation and development.
- To improve Clinical Governance and Evidence Based Practice
- To improve Clinical and Non-clinical risk management
- To reduce risk in specific clinical risk areas and facilities
- To improve environment and capacity
- To improve vigilance for unforeseen emergencies
- To optimise performance against key targets and core standards
- To meet key targets set by the Ashford Clinical Commissioning Group
- To participate effectively in the local Cluster Group of GP Practices
- To meet Annual Health Check targets
- To implement Payment by results
- To become a patient centred organisation
- To improve services offered to patients
- To improve the facilities available for patients at the surgery
- To improve communication between the surgery and the patients
- To encourage the development of an active and effective patient participation group
- To recruit, retain and develop a highly motivated and appropriately skilled workforce
- To enhance performance of the workforce
- To develop management capability
- To guide the employees in accordance with the Equalities Scheme
- To continue the development of the Estate
- To ensure effective management and governance systems
- To ensure robust corporate processes at the Commissioning Board level
- To ensure a robust Information Technology strategy to support the business of (name of surgery) Surgery
The registered activities and service types have been agreed by the Partners in accordance with CQC guidance. Services are described under registered activity and Service Type.
The regulated services provided by Dr A Naky and Partners
- Routine medical checks and general/personal medical services
- NHS relevant prescriptions and medications or a private prescription can be issued.
- Immunisations, e.g. Childhood Immunisations, Influenza, Pneumonia, and Shingles, Foreign travel advice and immunisation
- Executive & employee medicals – Our GP’s are able to carry out medical report and review.
- Smoking Cessation - Any patient who is a smoker and ready to stop smoking will be seen by one of our advisers for an assessment.
- Asthma/Respiratory clinic – The Surgery has facilities for and spirometry / lung function testing.
- Diabetic clinic – The Surgery operates a diabetes clinic each week to provide ongoing care for our diabetic patients and run by trained nurses and supervised by GP Partners.
- Family Planning Clinic – Our family planning clinic is run by our Nurse Practitioner.
- Pneumonia/Flu vaccination - At Willesborough Health Centre we offer 'at risk' groups the flu vaccine at a certain time each year to protect you against the flu virus. The Practice also offers pneumonia to patients aged 65 and over.
- Health Checks – we offer health checks to patients aged 40 and over.
- Midwifery - The community midwives hold their own clinics at Willesborough Health Centre for patients the Practice. They supervise antenatal care, undertake deliveries in hospital and at home where appropriate.
- Minor Surgery/CTS Service - We offer a number of minor operations/surgeries for dermatology related concerns. The minor operations are held with Dr Naky or Dr Wong. From July 2018 we also provide a Carpal Tunnel assessment and treatment service under Dr Ponraja, a service available to patients from across the locality.
- Cervical Screening - our nurses are qualified to carry out cervical screening and tests in the form of cervical smears as are Dr Hodgkiss and Dr Mahapatro
- Multi-disciplinary Team meeting – We have clinical representation at weekly MDT meetings within the Ashford North ‘hub’ engaging with colleagues from other Practices as well as community health providers.
As a member of Ashford Clinical Providers Ltd Federation, we participate in the delivery of Improved Access services within Ashford as part of a rota system holding additional pre bookable appointments seeing patients from our own as well as neighbouring practices . These appointments are offered on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 1830-2000 and on Saturdays between 0900 and 1300
Our ethos is to strive towards a partnership between patients and health professionals based on the following key facets:
We endeavour to treat all our patients with dignity, respect and honesty. Everyone within the business is committed to deliver an excellent service. We ask all patients to highlight any discrepancies and to offer the same commitment in return.
We treat ‘patients’ and illnesses. This means that we are equally interested in the physical, psychological and social aspects of your individual care.
Continuity of Care and the ‘Therapeutic relationship’
Building and maintaining a strong relationship between doctors, health professionals, and patients is essential to the way we work. This is especially so in the management of ongoing problems or long-term illness. In these circumstances we would encourage you to continue seeing the same health professional and wherever possible we will facilitate this through our appointments system. However, if you have a new problem, the doctor or nurse that you normally see is not available, or you would like to see someone else then we would encourage you to see any of the doctors or nurses at the practice.
Learning and Training
We believe in “life-long learning” and all the health professionals here and administrative staff, undergo an annual appraisal where learning and development needs are identified. We also recognise the benefit of supported learning for our patients and families in enhancing your ability to manage and deal with both ‘self-limiting’ and long-term illnesses
We have an open list policy and accept patients who are resident and newly resident in the defined practice area and also provide out of area registrations as per the NHS England directive of January 2015.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.