Patient's Rights and Responsibilities
Patients have a right to the following:
- To be treated with respect.
- To have confidentiality maintained at all times.
- To have complaints and minor grievances dealt with effectively.
- To request a chaperone.
- To make informed choices about treatment.
- To change surgery without giving a reason as quickly as possible.
- To have all personal documents returned as quickly as possible.
- To express a preference to receive services from a particular doctor or health care professional either generally or in relation to a particular condition.
For the benefit of patients waiting to see the doctor:
- Please do not allow children to be disruptive in the surgery.
- If for any reason you are unable to keep your appointment please telephone the surgery as soon as possible so that the appointment can be released.
- We would request that patients do not smoke whilst in the building.
- For the comfort of others, please ensure that your mobile is switched off while you are in the surgery.