Practices Merging To Create Ashford Medical Partnership
Willesborough Health Centre, Singleton Health Centre and South Ashford Medics will merge on 11 March to create a new provider, Ashford Medical Partnership. See the attached feature from the Kent Messenger:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What difference will this make for me as a patient?
- The practices are determined to maintain family-friendly services despite becoming a bigger organisation. You should see very little change in the services that you receive as a patient. You will continue to see the same staff in the same building. Ashford Medical Partnership is fully committed to enhancing services that are effective and sustainable long-term.
- How can I access the surgery and its services?
- We will undertake a comprehensive review of how the appointments system works. We offer a book on the day triage service whereby a clinician will call you back and assess your needs. In addition to this, some further appointments can be booked online, via telephone or in person. As we do now, we will be offering early morning appointments, late afternoon surgeries and participating in the Ashford Improved Access Scheme which offers evening and weekend appointments.
- Who will be the Doctors?
- There will be no changes to Dr Borhanzahi and his clinical team at the practice. We are pleased to inform you of the addition of a Clinical Pharmacist and an additional Practice Nurse who will be joining the team in early 2019. The clinical team will also be enhanced by Dr A Naky, Dr N Kumta, Dr J Wong, Dr R Hodgkiss, Dr I Varghese, Dr L Ponraja, Dr G Mahapatro, Dr A Thomas, Dr S Harper, Dr R Mahadevaiah and Dr R Fitch.
- What services can I expect?
- We will work hard to ensure continuity of care provision through:
- Urgent conditions / illnesses will be assessed either by telephone or seen on the day
- Access to a clinician within 48 hours
- Online appointment booking
- Online repeat prescriptions
- Text confirmation and reminder of appointments
- The ability to speak to a GP, Nurse Practitioner or Nurse via the telephone
- Planned and coordinated care to minimise the number of times that a patient needs to visit the practice
- Our other clinicians will also be available, including: Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists and Specialist Nurses
- Will you be making staff redundant?
- No, we will not be making any staff redundant: all staff will work for Ashford Medical Partnership.
- Will I need to ring a different telephone number?
- No, we will keep all telephone lines for all practices – there will be no number changes.
- Will I still be able to have online access?
- Yes, online services will continue to be offered to all patients; however you may have to activate your registration again.
- What should I do about my repeat prescriptions?
- Continue to do exactly the same as you do now, there will be no changes to prescriptions
Published: Feb 19, 2019