Minor Injury Service
Willesborough Health Centre now offers a minor injury service from 8.00am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday. A doctor will assess your injury and decide whether you can be treated at the Practice or need to go to A&E. Where your injury is considered appropriate to be treated at the Practice you can avoid long delays at A&E by using this service. You are advised to call us on 01233 621 626 before coming to the surgery but you will be asked to come in to be assessed by a doctor.
This service is available to patients from any Practice and not just those currently registered with us.
What injuries are covered by this service?
- Animal or human bites
- Blow to the head with no loss of consciousness
- Minor burns
- Cuts and grazes
- Dislocation of fingers
- Ear injury
- Eye injury
- Falls in any patient with no previous history of dizziness or blackout with bruising only
- Minor facial injuries
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Injuries requiring stitches
- Lacerations that can be steri-stripped, glued or sutured
- Sprains and strains